- 4 ounces pesto sauce (store bought or homemade) – Please refer back to my Garden Fresh Pesto, Ricotta and Tomato Jam Appetizer recipe if you wish to make your own homemade pesto!
- 6 slices of prosciutto, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced – I used fresh tomatoes from my good friend’s garden…Mmmm so fresh!
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 roasted red peppers in olive oil, sliced into strips
- black pepper to taste
- olive oil and balsamic glaze to drizzle
****This recipe makes 5 to 6 Quesadillas***
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil or olive oil spray
- Place 5 or 6 tortillas onto the baking sheet.
- Spread a tablespoon or so of pesto on each tortilla.
- Slice tomatoes and add 2 slices to the pesto tortillas.
- Next add the chopped proscuitto, roasted peppers, mozzarella, parmesan, arugula, and black pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- Top with another tortilla to finish constructing your tortillas.
- Bake in oven for 10 min, carefully turn them over to crisp the bottom side for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, and this is optional, to toast just a little more, I like to turn on the broiler to high and let them brown on the top, just 2 to 3 minutes. **Please watch carefully as they will burn quickly if left unattended****
This is completely optional, but it adds a little pizzas to the Quesadillas.
- 1/2 tomato, chopped small
- 1/4 onion (red or yellow), chopped small
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon chopped jarred jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and add to the top of the quesadilla and add arugula to garnish. Enjoy!!