Thai Peanut Curry Lettuce Wraps with Rice Noodles
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- 1/2 cup of A Taste of Thai Peanut Satay Sauce
- 2 cups chopped peanuts
- 8 ounce package of angel hair rice noodles
- 2 Red, Yellow or Orange Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Romaine leaves or any large lettuce leaf for wraps
- Thai sweet chili sauce, optional for serving to give the dish a sweet kick.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, coat the chicken tenders with the Taste of Thai Peanut Satay Sauce and roll them in the chopped peanuts. Then, place the chicken into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish. Bake 20-25 min until chicken is fully cooked.
- While the chicken is baking, chop the bell peppers, cucumber and basil, then wash and dry the lettuce leaves and set aside.
- Next make the sauce for the rice noodles, in a medium bowl add peanut butter, soy sauce, red curry paste, rice vinegar, sesame oil and water. Whisk all ingredients together until incorporated.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, then rinse and drain well. Add 1/3 of the peanut butter sauce (reserve the remaining sauce for serving), bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, and basil and mix well.
- Once chicken is cooked, let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- In small salad bowls, place a few lettuce leaves, then add rice noodle mixture and top with chicken slices. Drizzle with peanut sauce and serve with a slice of lime.
*****Thai sweet chili sauce – optional for serving**********