Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Pasta with Mushrooms
- 2 bags fresh spinach, approximately 18 ounces
- 8 ounces goat cheese (or you can substitute cream cheese)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium heat saute garlic in olive oil and add mushrooms until softened.
- Next add broth and spinach (add spinach a little at a time until wilted down).
- In a separate pot, cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Pour in white wine, then add artichoke hearts, goat cheese, parmesan, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer until all ingredients are melted and incorporated.
- Add sauce to cooked pasta and serve.
***Fresh garlic bread or a salad is a great accompaniment to this dish*****