Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup uncured bacon bits
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash/scrub potatoes and place on a foiled baking sheet.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil until coated and lightly salt with kosher salt.
- Bake potatoes for 50-60 min until fork tender.
- Let potatoes cool and then slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides of each potato half into a mixing bowl, be careful not to tear the skins. Leave a small rim around each potato half for support.
- Place each scooped out potato half in a baking dish and set aside.
- Mash the potato insides and add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter, chives, bacon bits and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fill each of the potato skins with a nice heaping amount of the filling.
- Place back in your 425 degree oven for 10-15 min. until melted and heated through.
- As a nice finish I like to place the potatoes under the broiler for about 3 to 4 minutes until the tops get brown and a little crispy.