Thai Coconut Almond Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 baby bella red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno (fresh or jarred)
- 1/4 cup plan breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients above, roll small meatballs and put aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, add coconut milk, almond butter, ginger, chili garlic sauce, Thai chili sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Allow the sauce to incorporate and the almond butter to melt, stir continuously.
- Next add the meatballs and reduce heat to low and cover. Let cook for 10 minutes, then stir meatballs gently and allow to cook for another 10 min or until turkey meatballs are cooked through and no longer pink inside.
**** While meatballs are cooking, make some jasmine rice according to package instructions or your favorite steamed vegetables.
Enjoy your Thai Coconut Almond Turkey Meatballs over rice, vegetables, or simply by themselves!