- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 cup sweet vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Italian Blend Cheese (mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan)
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese, full fat
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 can (3 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, basil, ricotta cheese, italian cheese blend, basil, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, crushed red pepper and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 baking dish and place the meatloaf in the baking dish.
In a separate small bowl, combine the tomato paste, brown sugar and water. Mix well and spread over the top of the meatloaf.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.