Hawaiian Pork Chops
- 4 boneless lean pork loin butterflied chops
- 1 whole pineapple skinned, cored and diced
- 1 large Sweet Onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin Sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in an oven proof skillet on the stove on high.
- Add onions, let them cook for a few minutes, then add garlic and pineapple. Cook until onion and pineapple brown and get a little crispy.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add ginger, tamari soy sauce, hoisin sauce, scallions and brown sugar until mixed well and heated through. Remove mixture and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high, season pork chops with salt and pepper, then brown pork chops 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Once browned, add the pineapple mixture over the top of browned pork chops in the skillet and place in the oven, bake for 20 minutes (based on 1 inch thick chops) of until pork is at 145 degrees internal temp.
- Let pork rest 5 to 10 minutes and serve.