Chicken Florentine Soup in Crock Pot
- 8 to 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 can artichoke bottoms or hearts (I prefer bottoms), drained and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, diced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- **1 lb. Ditali pasta optional**
- In a large crockpot (8 to 10 quart), layer onions, celery, chicken, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, artichokes, and seasoning.
- Next add chicken broth to cover all ingredients, you can add more if needed to cover.
- Set to low slow cook setting and allow to cook for 4 to 6 hours.
- Once cooked, remove chicken pieces, shred and return to soup.
- If using pasta, cook on the stove according to package directions, drain water and add olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking together.
****Serve soup immediately with pasta on the side, each can add as they desire. I also love to serve this with fresh grated Locatelli parmesan cheese.