Baked Chocolate Chip Panettone French Toast
- 1 large loaf chocolate chip Panettone bread (1 pound) – You can use any kind of Panettone, my family prefers the chocolate chip.
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk or half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Next stir in brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Slice panettone into 1/2 – 1 inch slices and arrange them into a greased 9×13 baking dish, overlapping as needed to fit.
- Then pour mixture over Panettone, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, take out of the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake uncovered approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown and all the liquid has been absorbed into the Panettone.
- Cut into square slices and serve with warm maple syrup and powdered sugar if desired.