Honey Garlic Ginger Shrimp with Sesame Rice
- 1 1/2 lbs. medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup Tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped scallions to garnish
- Melt butter over medium high heat, add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add honey, soy sauce and black pepper, stir until honey melts and all is incorporated.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve over sesame rice (recipe below).
Sesame Jasmine Rice:
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients in a medium saucepan, stir until boiling. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 18 minutes until all water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remover rice from heat, stir in 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Add sesame seeds and black pepper to taste.
Serve Shrimp over rice and enjoy!