Corn Muffin, Chicken Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing
- 2 lbs. Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cornbread bread crumbs
- 3 corn muffins, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove sausage from casings and saute in olive oil over medium-high heat until browned.
- Once browned, remove from heat and place in a 9×13 baking dish.
- In the same pan, cook onions, garlic, celery, cranberries and carrots over medium heat until softened, then add to sausage in baking dish.
- Next add, cornbread crumbs, corn muffins, chicken broth and all spices to baking dish and mix well.
- Bake in 375 degree oven covered for 45min. Uncover and bake 10 minutes until edges are golden brown.